Because it is an empirical fact. It is known people working in metal industry or other toxic environments statistically show correlation with ALS.
Why are toxic heavy metals problem? Because their chemical properties are very dangerous for human tissues and can entrap already weaker immune system and contribute significantly to rise of chronic inflammation. They can be and most likely are key component in out of control oxidative stress processes. Once certain thresholds are exceeded and there are other risk factors presented (like having spirochetal and other infection in brain) the danger that ALS will develop dramatically rises. You can read about it more in the posts available but key words are following.
spirochetal bacteria, L-forms, immune response, QUIN, ROS, QUIN-2-Glutamate, heavy metal, mercury, lead, aluminium, cadmium, radiation – X rays, immunodeficiency.
Please note this answer is part of FAQ page containing 45+ amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) related questions. It can be also viewed as single post which may look little bit odd. For example search engine like Google or Bing can direct you at such view. If you are missing a context check the parent page and perhaps also other questions. Do you know ALS Experimental Theory? Are you aware of ALS 1KD Challenge? Have you read results of my ALS investigation with really controversial conclusion?
Fight against ALS disease needs to be lead by employing below generic tactics (details are part of this website too):
- Stabilization of PH across all body fluids
- Excretion of heavy metals (mercury, lead, cadmium) and toxic metals (aluminium) from body via natural chelatation and detoxification procedures
- Supporting immune system using all known means (supplementation, natural immune boosters)
- Supporting ALS ill organism with radical diet ("Kernel mode diet") with rich antioxidant and quality nutrition components
- Putting special focus on resting, breathing exercises, regulated sun exposure, keeping healthy and positive morale
- Support from other people who need to be also positive and believe in real improvements, words like fatality, incurability are forbidden and forgotten words
- Avoiding all strenuous activities and focusing on regulating all types of stress as much as possible (physical stress, psychic stress)