The answer is simple. ALS is syndrome of immune system, despite it is pretty hidden property and can be specific to sub-components of immunity only. The fact that many people can do professional sport does not mean they do not have hidden problems. Demanding activity gradually lowers immunity and what is even worse – serious injury can cause another drop in immune system activity. The stress hormones have such effect on immunity and this situation can be already beginning of ALS development. Even drugs can cause hormonal disbalance and direct the organism into same problems. There are known stories of football players which support this theory. It is all logical and fits the overall ALS puzzle I am trying to explain.
Please note this answer is part of FAQ page containing 45+ amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) related questions. It can be also viewed as single post which may look little bit odd. For example search engine like Google or Bing can direct you at such view. If you are missing a context check the parent page and perhaps also other questions. Do you know ALS Experimental Theory? Are you aware of ALS 1KD Challenge? Have you read results of my ALS investigation with really controversial conclusion?
Fight against ALS disease needs to be lead by employing below generic tactics (details are part of this website too):
- Stabilization of PH across all body fluids
- Excretion of heavy metals (mercury, lead, cadmium) and toxic metals (aluminium) from body via natural chelatation and detoxification procedures
- Supporting immune system using all known means (supplementation, natural immune boosters)
- Supporting ALS ill organism with radical diet ("Kernel mode diet") with rich antioxidant and quality nutrition components
- Putting special focus on resting, breathing exercises, regulated sun exposure, keeping healthy and positive morale
- Support from other people who need to be also positive and believe in real improvements, words like fatality, incurability are forbidden and forgotten words
- Avoiding all strenuous activities and focusing on regulating all types of stress as much as possible (physical stress, psychic stress)