Yes but it needs to be used wisely. There are traces it helped some patients but it again is not reliable fact due to the complexity of ALS. There are factors of dynamic nature which practically prevent some nice statistical results across bigger samples of patients. But it all gets better when data is abstracted and assessed from its impact on immune system while being aware of dangerous boost effects (oxidative stress). The key is to know or at least speculate on how the ALS big picture looks like. I have done this and my conclusion in this matter is following.
The supplementation can help but it is very important to time it well. There are vitamins or minerals which can boost your immunity prematurely and this could result in bigger damage due to existence of inflammation in CNS. Please read about toxic metals and the importance of addressing this problem first (mercury!). If you got this you will understand that once detoxification is done the boosted immunity will do less damage and it can finally get the situation under control – after some time, being patient is crucial. The deadly loop can be broken, ended and new problem will need to be solved. How can be the damage to CNS and motoric functions repaired? Human body have great capability but very serious damage can be subject of other research (stem cell therapy?).
Please note this answer is part of FAQ page containing 45+ amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) related questions. It can be also viewed as single post which may look little bit odd. For example search engine like Google or Bing can direct you at such view. If you are missing a context check the parent page and perhaps also other questions. Do you know ALS Experimental Theory? Are you aware of ALS 1KD Challenge? Have you read results of my ALS investigation with really controversial conclusion?
Fight against ALS disease needs to be lead by employing below generic tactics (details are part of this website too):
- Stabilization of PH across all body fluids
- Excretion of heavy metals (mercury, lead, cadmium) and toxic metals (aluminium) from body via natural chelatation and detoxification procedures
- Supporting immune system using all known means (supplementation, natural immune boosters)
- Supporting ALS ill organism with radical diet ("Kernel mode diet") with rich antioxidant and quality nutrition components
- Putting special focus on resting, breathing exercises, regulated sun exposure, keeping healthy and positive morale
- Support from other people who need to be also positive and believe in real improvements, words like fatality, incurability are forbidden and forgotten words
- Avoiding all strenuous activities and focusing on regulating all types of stress as much as possible (physical stress, psychic stress)