ALS research centres state they are clearly underfunded. You can visit the websites of those ALS organizations or do a Google search on ALS funding. As per my information ALS is underfunded too. It seems that the resources spent on Alzheimer disease are multiples of ALS. This can be explained by higher incidency of AD but we should also realize Alzheimer is an old age disease, and thus result of lifestyle to high degree. On the other hand ALS is registered as incurable mystery which can kill anyone in any age in a very brutal way, it deserves higher focus for sure.
I realize the importance of proper funding but much more important is what exactly is being researched, what projects and with what results are preferred. I see the overall focus on genetics dominates but it will certainly not answer those peculiar ALS questions. Humans need to realize they need to look for answers in the environment, not ignoring or neglecting it and trying to manipulate genes – this is road to hell. Science knows genes in DNA switch (turn on and off) in reaction to environmental and also internal triggers. There is also no relevant information that genetics is the key responsible factor. It all is the complet opposite but humans neglect that. There is a simple evidence for these claims – sporadic ALS is 10 times more frequent than familial ALS and one can consider familial ALS only a delayed sporadic ALS. Humans need to understand what is important – it is ENVIRONMENT. Once it is cleaner, humans are healthier and their genetics is safer from DNA mutations. Please read my toxic metals related post and also Genetic Detour post. Please check my post where I briefly checked how funds are allocated in United States.
Please note this answer is part of FAQ page containing 45+ amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) related questions. It can be also viewed as single post which may look little bit odd. For example search engine like Google or Bing can direct you at such view. If you are missing a context check the parent page and perhaps also other questions.
Do you know ALS Experimental Theory? Are you aware of ALS 1KD Challenge? Have you read results of my ALS investigation with really controversial conclusion?
Also the latest lengthy articles on ALS provided information which is not part of the general knowledge due to its inherent controversy, please consider still getting familiar with it and explore those topics on your own:
- ALS Community - Buried Alive
- Brutal and Ruthless Truth About ALS
- Nelda Buss - Deciphering the Miracle
Fight against ALS disease needs to be lead by employing below generic tactics (details are part of this website too):
- Stabilization of PH across all body fluids
- Excretion of heavy metals (mercury, lead, cadmium) and toxic metals (aluminium) from body via natural chelatation and detoxification procedures
- Supporting immune system using all known means (supplementation, natural immune boosters)
- Supporting ALS ill organism with radical diet ("Kernel mode diet") with rich antioxidant and quality nutrition components
- Putting special focus on resting, breathing exercises, regulated sun exposure, keeping healthy and positive morale
- Support from other people who need to be also positive and believe in real improvements, words like fatality, incurability are forbidden and forgotten words
- Avoiding all strenuous activities and focusing on regulating all types of stress as much as possible (physical stress, psychic stress)