Science distinguishes three forms of ALS. One is so called familial form (F-ALS) which is believed it is inherited due to identification of several suspected genes (gene mutations observed). This is further supported with the fact the disease sometimes occurs in family tree repeatedly. This form makes 5-10% of all cases. The second form is sporadic ALS (S-ALS) which makes practically the remaining 90-95% of all cases. It is called sporadic because there is no known link with genetic profile and it can develop in practically anyone in any age. Third form is Guam form because there was heightened incidence of ALS on a small pacific island Guam.
Please do not automatically believe in this classification. It is only a result of human created classification and interpretation of certain facts. In theory there can be only one form (that would be sporadic ALS) which develops as a result of environmental effects. However these environmental factors can affect people often in slower gradual way and thus making humans more vulnerable or genetically predisposed or more prone in facing that not exactly confirmed combination of environmental factors (toxicity, microbial aspects, lifestyle, condition of the organism). It is premature to give anyone bad news in form of “genetic course”. Do not forget the disease is not understood at all and thus any hard claims including these harming should be wisely considered.
Please note this answer is part of FAQ page containing 45+ amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) related questions. It can be also viewed as single post which may look little bit odd. For example search engine like Google or Bing can direct you at such view. If you are missing a context check the parent page and perhaps also other questions. Do you know ALS Experimental Theory? Are you aware of ALS 1KD Challenge? Have you read results of my ALS investigation with really controversial conclusion?
Fight against ALS disease needs to be lead by employing below generic tactics (details are part of this website too):
- Stabilization of PH across all body fluids
- Excretion of heavy metals (mercury, lead, cadmium) and toxic metals (aluminium) from body via natural chelatation and detoxification procedures
- Supporting immune system using all known means (supplementation, natural immune boosters)
- Supporting ALS ill organism with radical diet ("Kernel mode diet") with rich antioxidant and quality nutrition components
- Putting special focus on resting, breathing exercises, regulated sun exposure, keeping healthy and positive morale
- Support from other people who need to be also positive and believe in real improvements, words like fatality, incurability are forbidden and forgotten words
- Avoiding all strenuous activities and focusing on regulating all types of stress as much as possible (physical stress, psychic stress)