This is variable but mostly the problems are first detected in one hand/arm or leg and thus in peripheral nervous system (PNS) . Big warning is highly reduced muscle mass (muscle atrophy) – sometimes small muscles on hand etc. Often also problems start with voice and speech. Science has big problems with diagnostics and early neurologic problems can signal many problems including those curable – there is big symptom overlap and danger of misdiagnosis. That is why neurologists hesitate with giving the diagnosis unless they are more or less sure. Problem of this is that at the same time they are unable to cure even the prior suspected diseases or conditions successfully – many ALS patients are aware of several month long period of uncertainty and worsening the symptoms.
There is preALS state (most likely curable) for sure as obviously such disease does not develop overnight – please read next sections having more related details. Early diagnostics is just the ultimate problem to solve but it does not have strategic focus. Due to limited resources humans prefer allocating resources using far from optimal key – better rentability is preferred (see my post on funding but take it with certain reserve 😉). I just do not see science would do enough in researching those environmental triggers – since toxicity is big part of it one cannot be surprised as we live in toxic cities, spoil nature, loot oceans and we are just not realizing fully what we do and what consequences will follow. You are also suggested to read my Fuzzy Disease Scope post from Stealth Infection post series.
Please note this answer is part of FAQ page containing 45+ amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) related questions. It can be also viewed as single post which may look little bit odd. For example search engine like Google or Bing can direct you at such view. If you are missing a context check the parent page and perhaps also other questions. Do you know ALS Experimental Theory? Are you aware of ALS 1KD Challenge? Have you read results of my ALS investigation with really controversial conclusion?
Fight against ALS disease needs to be lead by employing below generic tactics (details are part of this website too):
- Stabilization of PH across all body fluids
- Excretion of heavy metals (mercury, lead, cadmium) and toxic metals (aluminium) from body via natural chelatation and detoxification procedures
- Supporting immune system using all known means (supplementation, natural immune boosters)
- Supporting ALS ill organism with radical diet ("Kernel mode diet") with rich antioxidant and quality nutrition components
- Putting special focus on resting, breathing exercises, regulated sun exposure, keeping healthy and positive morale
- Support from other people who need to be also positive and believe in real improvements, words like fatality, incurability are forbidden and forgotten words
- Avoiding all strenuous activities and focusing on regulating all types of stress as much as possible (physical stress, psychic stress)