ALS means amyotrophic lateral sclerosis which is a disease of nervous system causing its progressive degeneration (neurodegenerative disease). There are many diseases affecting human nervous system but ALS is affecting central nervous system (CNS; brain & spinal cord) and specificaly the motoric centres or motor neurons residing there. This results in gradual impairment and loss of all motoric functions in the affected person. Motor neurons (connected with muscles) provide humans not only movement but also breathing. This is why overall paralysis is followed with difficulties to breath and ultimately leads to death. More introductory details including links is in my ALS 101 post.
Please go through all other questions as above information indeed is not really optimistic – but there is source of optimism!
- What is Lou Gehrig disease?
- What is MND?
- What is motor neuron disease?
Please note this answer is part of FAQ page containing 45+ amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) related questions. It can be also viewed as single post which may look little bit odd. For example search engine like Google or Bing can direct you at such view. If you are missing a context check the parent page and perhaps also other questions. Do you know ALS Experimental Theory? Are you aware of ALS 1KD Challenge? Have you read results of my ALS investigation with really controversial conclusion?
Fight against ALS disease needs to be lead by employing below generic tactics (details are part of this website too):
- Stabilization of PH across all body fluids
- Excretion of heavy metals (mercury, lead, cadmium) and toxic metals (aluminium) from body via natural chelatation and detoxification procedures
- Supporting immune system using all known means (supplementation, natural immune boosters)
- Supporting ALS ill organism with radical diet ("Kernel mode diet") with rich antioxidant and quality nutrition components
- Putting special focus on resting, breathing exercises, regulated sun exposure, keeping healthy and positive morale
- Support from other people who need to be also positive and believe in real improvements, words like fatality, incurability are forbidden and forgotten words
- Avoiding all strenuous activities and focusing on regulating all types of stress as much as possible (physical stress, psychic stress)